A key strategic goal for Tshwaranang during the next three years is promoting the state’s accountability to women in relation to violence.
This means ensuring that the state enforces laws and policies addressing violence, as well as asking for explanations when laws are policies are not implemented as they should be.
We aim to to achieve this goal by:
- Building the capacity of citizens to claim their rights
- Litigating to seek redress
- Researching and monitoring the extent to which state is implementing its mandate – Parliament, Government, Courts, Citizens
- Engaging in law reform and policy development
- Building the capacity of the state to implement its mandate