Established since 1996, the Tshwaranang Legal Advocacy Centre to End Violence Against Women (Tshwaranang) is a non-profit organisation that promotes and defends the rights of women to live their lives without fear or experience of violence. Our key activities include research, capacity building and advocacy.
Tshwaranang’s overall purpose if to facilitate access to justice for women who have experienced or are at risk of experiencing Gender-Based Violence (GBV).
The Tshwaranang Legal Advocacy Centre to End Violence Against Women (TLAC) is a non-profit organisation that promotes and defends the rights of women to live their lives without fear or experience of violence. Our key activities include research, capacity building and advocacy.
To ensure that women who experience or are at risk of experiencing Gender Based Violence:
- Understand their rights
- Obtain legal remedy and counsel where violence impacts upon them
- Are able to access existing systems and services with confidence their needs will be appropriately addressed
Our Values and Beliefs
Tshwaranang’s beliefs underpin everything that we do. They are what we believe about the world and the people in it, how things are and how they should be. Our Values guide Tshwaranang’s internal conduct as well as our relationship with our external partners and stakeholders
- That women have the right to a life free of violence and it is our mission to deliver justice to those women that are afflicted by violence;
- That women have a right to their own voices and it is our duty to seek out, listen to and amplify those voices;
- That violence has a devastating impact on not just women but on all the people of South Africa and it is as a community that we must respond to the challenge of violence;
- That the work of addressing the entrenched and enduring social challenges facing South Africa begins in our own home and work environments. We will live our values and honor our commitments.
Hi there resources